Senior Graphics Architect - 612038
Job Description: In this position, you will be responsible for working with the hardware architecture team to implement software for 'what if' analysis to help drive the future hardware architecture directions. The work consists of performance analysis, adding new feature/algorithms in the driver to validate/drive future hardware interfaces, deep diving into newer version of APIs such as OpenGL/ES, DirectX, or OpenVG to determine what can be done in software and what part of the API needs to be implemented in the hardware to maximize the performance or minimize the power requirements.
- Responsible for developing all aspects of graphics drivers to include: OpenGL*, DirectX*/Direct3D*, video/DXVA*, video codecs, content protection, image, and color processing, video BIOS, also to develop operating system support and simulation environment.
- Conduct or participate in multidisciplinary research and collaborate with design, layout and/or hardware engineers in the design, development, and utilization of productivity enhancement layout tools and design rule checkers, electronic data processing systems software
- Determines computer user needs advises hardware designers on machine characteristics that affect software systems such as storage capacity, processing speed, and input/output requirements designs and develops compilers and assemblers, utility programs, and operating systems
- Responds to customer/client requests or events as they occur
- Develops solutions to problems utilizing formal education, judgment and formal software process
Must have at least a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Electrical Engineering, with 6-9 years of experience in the following:
- Graphics architecture
- C/C++ programming background